Since Google is closing G+,

@Ray_Sunshine unfortunately yes. It really sucks. There are so many knowledgeable people in this community and idk how many of them are going to move to MeWe. There aren’t very many 3D printing groups over there so it should be pretty easy to get about everyone that into 3D printing.

Every article I read adds that google is shutting down its consumer version of google+. No article just says, google+. Some have it on the title but then in the body they all say the consumer version. Are people sure that this means the free to use social media platform like this as I cant see how this is labelled as consumer version?

@Chris_BostonGreekGee
There is a version of Google+ which is used as part of the Gsuite as a corporate internal social network.

Is there a SoNet with the app supporting the “night mode”? MeWe does not, so I’m ditching it.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers I posted in one of the Maker communities and haven’t gotten a response on where they intend to go. It was so nice having everything centralized. Also, linking anything to g+ will be void after August, so I hate to rip off people’s content and post it elsewhere. I wish they’d decide.

Pluspora was a little too hashtag overload for me. I don’t like having to search stuff. The MeWe setup puts the new posts first so there’s some relevance and organization with that.

@Dave_Mac That version requires money…

@Ray_Sunshine You can also set it up where posts that get responses are put BACK up top. I prefer new content to be up top though.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers That version will still be supported after the shutdown, that’s why the reports are saying that the ‘consumer version’ is being closed.

@Dave_Mac I know. But the GSuite costs money. People aren’t going to pay money to use G+. That was my point. I realize that G+ itself isn’t actually shutting down, just the version that we are using.

@Dave_Mac I have found these links…and I know they have an enterprise version, I was just trying to find out if the free version is also considered the consumer version. Its annoying cause every article on this seems to be a copy paste of the same thing and always says google is shutting down the consumer version, but never goes into detail.

itz weird google never posted this for me … they only post black google to me …