Short question. Is there anyway to get Repetier-Host to not ignore my start/end GCode

Short question. Is there anyway to get Repetier-Host to not ignore my start/end GCode from Slic3r? The UI of Pronterface is more or less a candidate for http://thedailywtf.com/. The most important for me is to lower Z before homing in case I forget to do it manually or else The X-Carriage wil crash into the threaded rods on Mendel type printers,if the last print was more than 50-60mm high.

Is your start and end gcode in the custom code box on the final tab of the slic3r configuration tool, and you’re slicing with the profile you wrote that into? Because repetier-host isn’t ignoring the custom start/end gcode I put in there…

Although you may want to make sure that when you save that profile the changes actually save. I’ve had it happen to me a few times that saving actually reverts the changes instead of saving them.

I just load the GCode that Slic3r make into Repetier. Repetier ignore it. Make it unusable for me :frowning:

Tried again with Pronterface, turns out I had a bug in my End GCode. Will give Repetier another go on my next print.

Repetier host adds its own start code before running the code from slicer, which includes a G28. You can edit this from the gcode tab by selecting “Start code” from the dropdown menu.

I also set Repetier host to not park after a print. I’ve got my own parking gcode for slic3r and I prefer to use that.