Setting up electrical Z-Probe in g2core on Arduino Due and gShield v5 i used

Setting up electrical Z-Probe in g2core on Arduino Due and gShield v5

i used this feature with a self compiled version of 87 of g2core stable.
Now i upgraded to 109 edge and have the problem that the machine goes directly into “shutdown” alarm state…

on the 87 i used INPUT_ACTIVE_LOW which worked fine.
on the 109 i tried IO_ACTIVE_LOW

i always get “shutdown” with error:

G21 G91 (Use mm and rel coords)
G38.2 Z-20 F25
{“r”:{},“f”:[1,0,32]}
{“r”:{},“f”:[1,0,15]}
{“er”:{“fb”:100.19,“st”:250,“msg”:“Probe cycle failed - Probing error - invalid probe destination”}}
{“sr”:{“stat”:2}}
!

Can you help me with correct settings?

Addition 10.01. :
there are no other endstops connected.
Z-Max: 0 / Z-Min: -60
soft limit: 0
Z-Homing Input:0
Z-Homing Direction: 0

I’ll try it out tomorrow on a Due only (no gShield, no CNC connected).

Do you use Zmin as probe pin?

Oh, sorry @sszafran haven’t seen your question at the bottom… whoops…

Yes i am using Zmin (D5 if i remember right) with 10k pull up and also tried a small capacitor to debounce it. I had real big problems with noise at the CCC Congress when trying… (maybe 12.000 nerds with electronics i stoo much :wink: )

I use a small piece of PCB and a crocodile clamp for probing.

Does anybody use Probing on Due with Firmware >= 100.10 or so, and can confirm it is working?
How have you confirgured Input in firmware? (for Electrical plate probing)

I need to do more testing, but from what I found so far probing seems to work on pin D6 and not D5.

The probe related setting I am using in my settings_3040.h is:
DI5_MODE IO_ACTIVE_LOW
DI5_ACTION INPUT_ACTION_NONE
DI5_FUNCTION INPUT_FUNCTION_NONE

I tried to set DI5_MODE NORMALLY_OPEN - the same ‘effect’.

The settings_3040.h file I am currently using for testing is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s5tcgz7m6541r4/settings_3040_100_19.h?dl=0

hmm… how did you change the probing pin?

I changed the homing input and direction like in your settings and got same error:
G21 G91 (Use mm and rel coords)
G38.2 Z-20 F25
{“r”:{},“f”:[1,0,32]}
{“r”:{},“f”:[1,0,15]}
{“er”:{“fb”:100.19,“st”:250,“msg”:“Probe cycle failed - Probing error - invalid probe destination”}}
{“sr”:{“stat”:2}}
!

hmmm… after a reconnect i got it working until i let it ran to -20 i went into shutdown (seems okay as it says Z-20) after i can not sent a clear command and SPJS buffer fills up with commands…

now i get direct shutdown… and probing does not work again…

it seems to be a problem with the G91 plane?? crazy… i will try do understand more of what happens…
I think Board things it ran into -20 limits…

I edited the settings_3040.h, as many lines were commented by default and compiled to the bin.
Then I started CP and SJPS, connected to the board and did few successful G0 X/Y/Z moves.
I started probing as a next testing step and got immediate shutdown.
I disabled all limits (soft, hard, safety interlock) and changed DI1 (Xmin), DI3 (Ymin), DI5 (Zmin probe) and DI6 (Zmax) input pins mode to NORMALLY_OPEN and IO_MODE_DISABLED to all other input pins. Then I compiled again and re-started probing test. There was no reaction when connected DI5 to GND, so I tried all input pins one by one and got probing response only when connecting DI6 to GND.