Score! Bags of clock hands and hardware for $45.00!

I happened upon a Craigslist add for clock hands and hardware ad. This is what I scored. If you have ever priced out clock hands, you will know this is a real bargain! The hardware at the top is to add hangers to the clock mechanism if they do not have any.

2 Likes

Nice score. :tada:

1 Like

I have about 600 quartz clock movements and about 3000 sets of hands. As well I have about 30 mechanical movements of various models. And just about anything else clock related. I have owned a clock manufacturing company and a repair business for over 30 years now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh look, an expert!

One of my kids has a locket and has mulled the idea of converting it to a 24-hour dial pocket watch. I’ve found some movements that are a bit smaller than the face of the locket, like https://www.esslinger.com/miyota-citizen-ltd-3-hand-quartz-watch-movement-gp03-big-date-at-3-00-retrograde-dual-time-at-6-00-24-hour-at-9-00-overall-height-6-5mm/ Since the locket inside dimension is 33mm wide and 6.5mm tall at the edge (the face is curved out) it seems like that would fit in, but loosely, needing something to hold it in place, and presumably some way of extending the stem. It says it needs hands; I presume it would also need a face?

It is not clear how seriously this concept is being entertained (I expect it’s only a thought experiment), but it has raised my curiosity as to whether this is a kind of thing that is conceptually feasible or just a pipe dream.

1 Like

As my father always said, “Anything is possible, given enough time and money”. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate the feasibility at about a 3 or 4. But I never focused on watches, I found them too small to see and work on, so I always direct my customers with watch issues to a local jeweler who does excellent work. So a watch expert I am not.

3 Likes

It is fun to find out what hidden talents/businesses everyone here has!

3 Likes

For my case, it’s a cheap locket, not worth investing a lot unless I was going to learn something from it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes