Same printer and as far as I can tell the same settings.

Same printer and as far as I can tell the same settings. The one on the left with Cura (latest) and the one on the right Prusa Slic3r (latest stable).

The Prusa print is generally worse quality with heavy curling up at the corners.

Any ideas on settings that I could have missed to cause this?

(Printed on a Prusa MK3 v1 clone, one after the other in the same room with the same cooling)

Might be the linear advance modifications in the Prusa Slic3r.

Something to look into, a lot of good information I found at http://marlinfw.org/docs/features/lin_advance.html

Well you could simply set your K factor to 0 for the Slic3r print and compare that to the Cura print

Right, I think cura must be compensating in the gcode but slic3r relies on Marlin. I think the M900 command was only put in at version 1.1.0 (according to the reprap wiki) My firmware is older than that (about 3 years old) so I’ll try updating as see where it takes me.

Original two on the left. Slic3r+Marlin 1.1.8 with default K = 75 for linear advance on the right seems to have made some improvement. The way the extruder moves looks so much like it’s skipping which was worrying at first.

After the test pattern I moved to K = 90 didn’t really make a difference when I printed another cube though.
missing/deleted image from Google+