Running out of adjustment on the #2 mirror

I’m going through the process of aligning my mirrors. I’ve managed to align the number one mirror but when it comes to the # 2 mirror I run out of adjustability threads on the knob, I’m not too sure where I need to go from here. Is it a common issue?

Which direction are you out of adjustment in? Is this a brand new machine, or has it been working before but something changed?

The entire mirror mount will move in slots if you loosen its screws, and the plate that it mounts to will do the same. Or I might bend the plate slightly if it was out of alignment vertically.

1 Like

I got the laser 2nd hand but it was never used. as for the direction it is out that would be to the right of the laser head can i adjust the tube and get more adjustability?.

I would suggest checking out the alignment guides in the K40 getting started post.

Lots of good information in that post. The alignment should start with the first mirror and then proceed to the next. You can certainly shim the tube to alter the starting alignment which is something I’ve done myself.

1 Like

Thanks

Shawn Wandler

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who helped I finally managed to align the mirrors.

1 Like

What was the fix?

1 Like

Had to start from scratch and lift #2 & #3 mirrors

Shawn Wandler

2 Likes