rubs eyes , a kickstarter printer with an actual innovation?

rubs eyes, a kickstarter printer with an actual innovation? They made their own UV projector ?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sprintray/moonray-worlds-best-desktop-3d-printer/updates

isn’t this the same tech as Carbon3D?

Someone needs to make a website that auto creates the script for a 3d printer kickstarter. It’s amazing how every one sounds exactly the same. Maybe this website already exists and I don’t know the address.

I’m sticking to my RepRap. It’s the world’s best 3d printer. Because it’s on my desk and does what I want.
Maybe this should be “world’s best uv dsp desktop printed with a green lid that still costs a lot”

This seems to be an evolution of desktop DLP SLA printers in the same vein as Ember, muve3D DLP, B9Creator, Kudo3D, etc…

The Carbon3D is by far not the first consumer sized DLP SLA printer; its tech innovation is the continuous build process that requires no inter-layer lifting, though the use of a gas-permeable film.

The video doesn’t show the actual printing process, so I’m not sure how lifting works in this printer, but its key tech seems to be its projector. Lower cost DLP resin printers use consumer home theater projectors, which have suboptimal optics for printing. Higher end printers like the Ember or Envisiontech printers use a TI LightCrafter projector which is more than $1K as an unintegrated part and requires additional custom electronics to drive.

This MoonRay printer appears to have some type projector that is lower in cost than the LightCrafter but has some of its desirable properties. Based on the advertised lamp life, it may be some type of LED pico projector modified to be driven by UV LEDs. It seems to pair this with a drum flex vat which is emerging as an option or upgrade for some DLP and laser based resin printers.

What will probably be the key thing with this printer is the software that drives it. LIke FDM printers years ago, we’re seeing a rapid succession of new printer designs emerging that combine the best innovations of the previous generation plus a little more, with < 1 year iterations. Unlike FDM printers, the open source printing toolchain of slicers and host software is extremely limited. There’s no equivalent of Skeinforge-Slic3r-Cura, and no standardization of the way image display is combined with motor control, which means no equivalent of GCode as a universal standard for printer control. This is a big issue because innovations in software were as important to FDM as innovations in hardware, and in the world of resin printing, these types of innovations are locked up in machine-specific proprietary applications.