Result of applying a too strong mix of pva glue to the glass bed

Result of applying a too strong mix of pva glue to the glass bed

woah…i`m printing on water+pva too and the adhesion is really strong but that strong ? :slight_smile: but i mostly use a knife and knock with the sharp side of the blade at the bottom of the printed part until it comes off…did you bend the part off ?

Hi, the part was okay, just left big shells out of the glass. Already diluted down about 20-1, guessing the mix is still to strong lol. But it has solved the warping problem on large parts (150*150 and bigger).

strange…i think my dilution is mostly between 1:5 and 1:10 and it looks much more milky than yours, yours is nearly transparent…i just take some drips water and put 2-3 drips pva in and put it with a brush on the heated bed…but without the knife i think some parts would have broken when trying to get them off…or perhaps the glass :slight_smile:

Very nice. I haven’t tried PVA as a topper for ABS prints, but seeing as PVA is water soluble maybe just unclip the glass and dunk it in water next time. :slight_smile:

That’s PVA as in PVAlcohol, and not PVAcetate, right?

Using just normal pva glue ( wood glue)

PVA(lcohol) is water soluble. PVA(cetate) is not. At least, according to a quick read of Wikipedia. PVA filament is of the former kind.

But it`s polyvinyl acetate @Joseph_Chiu . See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_acetate

As an emulsion in water, aPVAc emulsions are used as adhesives for porous materials, particularly for wood, paper, and cloth, and as a consolidant for porous building stone, in particular sandstone.[4] Uses:
as wood glue PVAc is known as “white glue” and the yellow “carpenter’s glue” or PVA glue.

I think when its not dried its water soluble, when its dried it isnt.

I think Tony’s using PVA(cetate). But @ThantiK was talking about dunking his plate into water, and I think that requires PVA(lcohol). My understanding is that PVAc is not water soluble.

Im using PVAcetate in form of wood glue. From time to time i clean my glasplate under flowing water and with a little bit rubbing its removable. But never tried to remove the parts with water.

Just need to find the right mix of wood glue and water I think

I had the same problem when using nail polish. Switched to kapton tape and the glass doesn’t break anymore.

Good news: cutting glass is super easy.