Replacing powersupply on a non-k40 machine - though similar control board etc.

Replacing powersupply on a non-k40 machine - though similar control board etc. Works with whisperer.

Yes this is different to the K40 I have. Power supply HY-T50 has arrived (old supply was dead) and I’m trying to put it into an A2 machine that’s been donated to the space.

It has a 6C6879-Laser-B1 board.

I can connect the laser tube fine, the items I have problems placing are

K+
24V
GND
5V
L

I’m thinking this power supply needs a separate 24v supply to the B1 board. I have one spare, so will connect 24v/GND off that.

I have left:

TH
TL
WP

Assuming 5V can plug into the same place the other 5V is taken from, should be OK?

K+ and L go into TH?

D+/D- loops on itself btw.

See if this helps. Not the exact same setup as yours but the same supply.
This supply does not have a DC supply so as you suggest you have to supply a standalone. Your controller would connect similarly to the Nano in the picture below.

Google Photos

Ah yes thats the one you sent me last time! D’oh

@timne0 I was wondering about that lol…

also worth looking that updated link:
http://smoothieware.org/laser#example-setup

Thanks Stephane but it’s an original B1 board not smoothie ware.

@donkjr laser fires, power supply definitely works as does the control panel switch, but when I plug the pc into the B1 board, I get a connection noise and can install the driver’s etc, but just get lots of transmission errors. Tried coral laser with the dongle, it repeatingly flicks between “connected” and “disconnected”. Power checked all the lines but nothing is currently helping. Any ideas? If not, I’ll assume the board is dead. I did adjust the 24v powersupply once I noticed there were issues from 24.5v to 24v

@timne0 it sounds like you have some form of grounding problem.
Typical solutions are:
…Insure that all the grounds are connected to one ground. This includes controller, LPS and external supply.
…Shielded USB cable
…Some users have had problems with particular USB hardware in their PC.

Frankly I would get rid of that controller and convert to a C3D. Not all users, but many of us got tired of the CorelWare and lack of Gcode compatibility.

Just thought, you are running with an external 24V supply. Where are you getting 5V for the controller board?

5v from powersupply. It is well grounded

I’ll try an external

@timne0 you running 5V from the LPS? Probably not enough capacity.