Removing ABS parts using ABS dissolved in acetone and printing on 100C bed.

Removing ABS parts using ABS dissolved in acetone and printing on 100C bed. The bed has been allowed to cool.

Felix 3.0 printer
https://goo.gl/photos/bqa8GJ66wbScHKUM6

Looks like every of my prints, printing on a clean and easy PEI-Aluminium-Bed. I will never understand, why people mess around with mixed liquids or gluesticks.

Because some don’t get good adhesion.

I don’t understand why people can’t understand what trolling is and why just a little empathy and civility makes the world a better place.

This is a photo showing the problem I was trying to address, and how well it worked:

Google Photos

My comment was not intended to be offending. Sorry if it looked like it. It’s just my experience: 35€ PEI-Plate -> clean it every now and then with Aceton and EVERY print is gonna stick perfect to the heated bed. Of Course I am only talking about normal stuff like PLA and ABS and stuff… But seriously, just my experience and an advice of the best of my belief thumbsup

Thanks for the clarification Rene.

I’ve got a sheet of PEI that needs to be tried but installing it is a non-trivial task. As it is, spreading the ABS/acetone slurry is quick fix solution and is working great so far. Just a quick wipe with some acetone on a Kimwipe between prints, and it’s good to go.

I use the same method for my prints.