Removing ABS parts using ABS dissolved in acetone and printing on 100C bed.

gplus
(David Martin) #1

Removing ABS parts using ABS dissolved in acetone and printing on 100C bed. The bed has been allowed to cool.

Felix 3.0 printer
https://goo.gl/photos/bqa8GJ66wbScHKUM6

(René Jurack) #2

Looks like every of my prints, printing on a clean and easy PEI-Aluminium-Bed. I will never understand, why people mess around with mixed liquids or gluesticks.

(David Martin) #3

Because some don’t get good adhesion.

I don’t understand why people can’t understand what trolling is and why just a little empathy and civility makes the world a better place.

(David Martin) #4

This is a photo showing the problem I was trying to address, and how well it worked:

Google Photos

(René Jurack) #5

My comment was not intended to be offending. Sorry if it looked like it. It’s just my experience: 35€ PEI-Plate -> clean it every now and then with Aceton and EVERY print is gonna stick perfect to the heated bed. Of Course I am only talking about normal stuff like PLA and ABS and stuff… But seriously, just my experience and an advice of the best of my belief thumbsup

(David Martin) #6

Thanks for the clarification Rene.

I’ve got a sheet of PEI that needs to be tried but installing it is a non-trivial task. As it is, spreading the ABS/acetone slurry is quick fix solution and is working great so far. Just a quick wipe with some acetone on a Kimwipe between prints, and it’s good to go.

(Mario Saarik) #7

I use the same method for my prints.