Recommendation on setting up Z limit switch and Z probe at the same time

Recommendation on setting up Z limit switch and Z probe at the same time for tinyG.

What is the best way to configure the tinyG so that I can have a Z axis limit switch connected and the ability to do Z axis probing with a touch plate for PCB mill work.

Use TinyG Zmin as Probe and TinyG Zmax as Zmin-limit. I use NC configuration and Zmin and Zmax limit switches are connected in series, sharing the same Zmax pin. This way I get limit switch action when getting beyond Zmax or Zmin position of the Z axis respectively.

@sszafran I’m curious about the direction of backoff once the limit is hit. Having both Zmax and Zmin limit switches in series in this way still results in the correct backoff direction occuring?

Backoff is the direction ‘from the switch’, I have set it to 10 millimeters. You have to set the axis direction properly. My machine zero is the bottom left corner, positive X moves right, positive Y moves forward and positive Z is up. Homing starts with Z moving up, then X moving left and finally Y moving backward. In case you are using NO switch wiring and want to use two switches on the same axis, wire them in parallel.

More details here: https://github.com/synthetos/TinyG/wiki/Homing-and-Limits-Description-and-Operation