Quick! Point me to the best Christmas themed patterns for a strip of 50

Quick! Point me to the best Christmas themed patterns for a strip of 50 lights!

Going to a Stranger Things themed Halloween party tonight. I’m going to be Chief Hopper, and my wife as Joyce Beyers. I’m making her a battery powered string of Christmas lights to carry around (WS2812).

I’m planning to make some glitchy effects to layer on top, too.

@dougal - @Mark_Kriegsman 's TwinkleFOX at:

might be what you are looking for.

Here is a video for it:

@dougal - Was my last post to you flagged as spam? If so, could you please mark it as not spam.

Nothing that special, but very easy to add to the Demoreel100 program.

@Ken_White Fixed!

@marmil Yep, that’s where I’m starting from, especially due to the time constraint. I had meant to start sooner, but I just didn’t have the free time until last night!

[Edit] Oops, I didn’t notice at first that this is not the standards FastLED DemoReel! Thanks for the pointer!

Okay, my wife wound up not using my light string for the party, darnit. But she had good reasons, so I can’t complain — she didn’t want to have to carry around the battery pack & controller (on a small breadboard, both tucked into a drawstring pouch). Her outfit didn’t have any pockets that they would fit in, and she wanted her hands free for food and beer! Instead, she wore a store-bought necklace with C-9 style lights that had a few simple blink patterns.

I did whip up a really quick-n-dirty glitch effect. Maybe I’ll put up a quick video and code sample later.

I’m hoping to do a little more coding on it later, and maybe she’ll be willing to use it on Halloween night when we take the kids out trick-or-treating.

I was curious what the glitch effect was going to look like so would be interested in seeing that when you have time to share.

@marmil I didn’t have time to make it look the way I really wanted. But I’ll post a vid + code soon.

Okay, video posted. I’ll make a gist of the relevant code later.

And again, it doesn’t look like what really wanted. But I’ll rewrite eventually.