Question about how to restart my gcode after some user-induced "issues".

Question about how to restart my gcode after some user-induced “issues”. My hardware is X-Carve, running grbl.

I did a two part cut in meshcam. First part executed fine, chilipeppr paused during the toolchange. Swapped bits, ran my touchplace code. And the realized (when my z-stepper started making bad sounds) that my ‘newly improved detachable touchplate’ never got ‘attached’. Sigh.

I hit the red stop button in chilipeppr, and everything stops. Whew! Here’s the issue: At that point I couldn’t get jog control again. Nothing I would do would let me move the z back up and re-run the touchplate macro. Nothing looked in error, but… nothing worked any more either. The only way I could get it to come back to life was with a ctrl+X, which then forgets all my homing :frowning:

Is there a way to regain jog-control after hitting stop, and then un-pausing, thus restarting the cut?

thanks

You just ran into the one major thing that I don’t understand why Grbl does it. It puts its into an alarm state and you have to reset it losing everything.

FYI, I’ve seen the alarm state, and this wasn’t it. The ‘alarm’ text wasn’t displayed. I think it just said ‘idle’.