Printer: XYZ Da Vinci Jr. 2.0 Mix. (Can use two diff.

Printer: XYZ Da Vinci Jr. 2.0 Mix. (Can use two diff. color filaments at once)
Slicer: XYZWare

Question: I would like to use another slicer that allows for color options. What free options are there?

What do you man by “color options”?
Does XYZWare generate .gcode files? If so you should be able to use any standard slicer; Cura, Slic3r, Simplify3D, etc.

If not then you’ll need to flash a different firmware.

@Adam_Steinmark , sorry. I am new-ish to 3D printing. I may have worded something wrong. So, when I use XYZWare, I can pick if I want a solid color or if I want two use both colors. As of now I have a spool of red and a spool of blue. I would like to know if there is something that will let me have more control of these colors. As of now, I can only change colors going vertical. For example, I can print the bottom of the file in blue and the top in red. And so on. I can even mix the colors. So, for example, using the red and blue I have on now, I can do bottom red, middle purple and the top blue. I wish I could select parts of the objects and make color changes anywhere. Not just in layers going up and down.

No other slicer supports this printer or what you’re looking for as far as I’m aware. Their “Pro” line has a nice bullet point of “compatible with third party slicers” so I fully suspect you’re locked into their software ecosystem and have no other options.

page 11.
You can select which extruder prints each file. It sounds like you may only have one file though so you’ll have to use Meshmixer (free application from Autodesk) to split it:

It sounds like you are wanting to change color within a layer. I am not aware of any slicer that supports this. I suspect it could be very troublesome to implement, since it would involve cleanly stopping in the middle of a layer, changing color and purging, and resuming the layer. Not impossible, but difficult to do cleanly I would think.

@Alan_Kitchen The printer has 2 inputs for filament. Looks like it may use a Y splitter but I can’t tell.

@Adam_Steinmark , I’ll mess around with Meshmixer. Thank you. I’ll have to see what I can do though, as the example you pointed me to doesn’t apply, as I only have 1 extruder.

Your printer has 2 filament inputs. It may use a single drive gear and switch idlers like Stratasys machines, but it clearly has the ability to print two distinctly different colors on the same layer.