printbed surface preference poll.

printbed surface preference poll.

Bare aluminium with glue stick.

Buildtak

For printing what material?

PLA - Glass - No Heat
Elmer’s Washable, No Run, School Glue
1 Gallon Liquid Bottle
Use a 1inch brush to brush on 3 very light brush dips of Glue and brush evenly over the bed. Wait 3-5 minutes.
Washes right off the bed.

Masking tape on unheated glass on the (current) main printr. Trying out BuildTak on heated glass bed on 2nd printer. 3rd one (just arrived, yet to be assembled) appears to be Kapton tape on heated aluminum.

Did have pretty good success with lightly sanded acrylic/plexiglass. No heat, no tape.

Company I work for only “supports” PLA. Printing on Acrylic sheet works amazingly well if that’s the only thing you’re printing.

I’ve used bare aluminum, glass, kapton, BuildTak, blue tape, frog tape, and PEI. PEI works best for most materials and I find it to be the most durable, although I have to put down a layer of gluestick on top for elastomers and nylons. Elastomers stick too well and nylons. Elastomers stick too well to PEI and nylons not enough. Although I have that experience with most other surfaces.

Well I only print in PLA as I’m not huge into 3D printing but I print directly on glass with a heated bed. Works great for me and I never have edges peel up.

ABS on blue tape, with a heated glass bed.

60 grit sandpaper and aggressively roughen up glass. Glue stick, as needed.

Tried all of those and will never go back from PEI. It just works!

@ThantiK as you said. I second that for PLA. Acrylic is impressive for it.

PEI sheet or glass with 3Dlac spray. (Depends on printer and material.)

pva glue on glass for pla… purple gluestick on glass for abs

BuildTak just works.

Printbite or Glass/Insette Hairspray for general use (PETG/PLA). PEI with Elmers Purple Glue Stick for ABS or anything high temperature.

PrintInZ skins, sometimes the print sticks a little too well, depending on the filament and Z height.

I left the purple glue stick behind when I started using PrintInZ plates

Washable glue stick on heated bed, the glue dries into a smooth tacky surface, easy to wash off when done with water, sticks really well.