Please Help! Laser powering off when moving past ~100mm on X axis

Hey Everyone,

I have been running my 6040 laser engraver (I’m guessing its very similar to a K40, just a larger bed) for about 3 months with K40 Whisperer with no issues. Until now…

After engraving a photo I went to cut the piece out and the laser only cut the first 100mm of the outside contour then the laser switched off. Head continued to follow the path, but it wasn’t cutting.

Since then I’ve managed to cut and etch perfectly fine between X=100mm to 0mm along the entire Y axis. Just doesn’t want to switch the laser on when the head is further than 100mm off the X axis.
It looks like my laser controller (M2 Nano?) doesn’t want to switch the laser on when the head is further than 100mm off the X axis home/limit switch. The laser does work and test fires completely fine at any position on the bed, using the test fire button on the machine.

Have uploaded a few videos of the issue here:
https://www.facebook.com/1824369997/videos/439112117546763/

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated, thanks so much!

The video isn’t allowing access… :frowning:

You should be able to measure the pwm output with a voltmeter. It should be easy to check outside of the range of operation. That will tell you which way to pursue the problem.

… just realized this is a year old… probably fixed it by now, sorry.

:smiley_cat: