Please, can someone help me to change the fan in my printer

I have a Tronxy VEHO 600 2E, it has a double extruder even though it only has one nozzle. It has a 30 x30 x10mm fan for throat cooling that always works at 100%. Tronxy only offers the technical information of the fan partially, it is 24 volts, 0.5 amps and 9,000 revolutions per minute, it does not say anything about the air flow. I have bought a fan of the same measurements and voltage, this one is 0.6 amps, it is a double bearing, it reaches 12,000 revolutions per minute. The intention is to replace it and make it work at 75% to lower the revolutions to 9,000 per minute and reduce consumption to a maximum of 0.5 amps. Being a double bearing, I suppose it will reduce the noise.
Is this idea viable? Or I better not do it, I installed an original fan.

The 24V 30x10 fan that shipped with my Tronxy was a piece of junk.

It’s hard to find high-quality 24V 30x10 fans. Here was my first solution which involved 3D printing an adapter I made:

I ultimately bought a high-quality 12V 40x10 fan that fit my adapter, and used a buck converter to feed it 12V. If I ran Klipper on that printer I would just feed it at 50% max duty cycle and skip the separate buck converter. (I may yet convert, but right now it runs Marlin because it was before I started using Klipper.)

1 Like

Oh, and the Sunon GM1203PFV1-8 is a 12V 3010 fan that’s supposed to be pretty good. I see it on Amazon, Digikey, and Aliexpress. That plus a buck converter or 50% duty cycle if the control board has a switched port would avoid the need for a 4010 adapter like I made.

1 Like