Plastic bearings for rep rap Z axis.

Plastic bearings for rep rap Z axis.

By chance is that Nylon? - I’ve used PLA in the past and they really really suck for anything more than short-term stand-ins.

I dunno, on the Z axis they’re probably ok, it moves so slow. and nowhere near as much as the other two axes.

I maded it in PLA, and i used it in X axis too and still printing very well. I think that the point is keep th rods plenty of lubricant. Im glad you like it guys :slight_smile:

I recently upgraded the Buko Z Axis bearings to $.05 plastic tubing. Works great :smiley:

Nice!! can you show us some pictures? :slight_smile:

Getting ze camera.

Posted under Show & Tell for ya.

I have made a few printers for teachers at my school and I always make my bearings out of ABS and they all work awesome. I’ve been using it for a long time and they don’t seam to be breaking down at all.

@Benjamin_Engel the horror on my face right now cannot be expressed.

I’d expect that to have rather high friction…
maybe if you used felt as well it might work better?

No really my z works awesome ive been running on it for about 6 months with no problems. I also ziptied mine in just to make sure they dont move around much.

yea ABS z-axis seems to be pretty unpredictable but some machines last months with them. Mine fell apart in about 4 weeks.

@Ben_Van_Den_Broeck oh that sucks. Yeah mine has worked awesome for a long time now. And of course I have backups if I need. Its always a good idea to have a full lot just sitting aroundjust in case