Over the last couple of days I tried to improve the serial IO communication

Over the last couple of days I tried to improve the serial IO communication timings when printing from an Android device. I rewrote a big part of the printing code of GCode Simulator & Printer and reduced the roundtrip time for G1 gcodes to ~15ms over USB and ~35ms over bluetooth. This makes ~60 gcodes per second (~25 with bluetooth).
Any opinion if this is fast enough ? What is the highest gcode per second rate you have seen so far.
Any idea how fast octoprint or printrun is ?

It should be enough for “regular” prints, but I suspect high resolutions will get slowed down. Other prints hosts, including OctoPrint, are only limited by the serial port, which, at a 115200 baud, should be able to transfer somewhere around 300 instructions per second. Even when combined with Merlin’s caching and look-ahead, overly detailed areas still slow down at that baud.

Thanks. Meanwhile I made the same io test with printrun and got ~220 gcodes per second. Looks like I need to dig deeper into the Android usb bulk transfer to see if I can improve things.