Originally shared by Whosa whatsis Slic3r 1.1.0 The most exciting feature for me:

Originally shared by Whosa whatsis

Slic3r 1.1.0

The most exciting feature for me: New algorithm for linear gap fill: no more shaking and adaptive extrusion width!

@Alessandro_Ranellucc has been sharing some more information about this in development on github, and it’s supposed to fix the long-standing issue of slic3r jumping around to fill in tiny pieces of infill that should have been done at the beginning of a larger piece.
http://slic3r.org/releases/1.1.0

Going to send my first slice to my printer using 1.1.0

Getting some weird crashes with the mswin-x64 in Win 7 home premium SP1.

Crashed when I first opened a .stl file.
Deleted it, re-extracted it, didn’t crash on .stl file open.
Looked at all the settings, pressed generate gcode, crashed.
Restarted program, loaded file, exported gcode just fine.

Anybody else seeing crashes?

Yay!

I just downloaded the win 64 bit version and opened the program and it says the program is 1.0.0 not 1.1.0 in the about, can anyone else verify this?

There should be a link for 1.0.0 stable and one for 1.1.0 experimental. My OS X build says 1.1.0.

lol, yeah @Whosa_whatsis I didn’t click on the 1.1.0, I didn’t know it was experimental, you find it works better so far, if you had a chance to use it?

I’ve submitted a few bug reports, but the new features in 1.1.0 make a huge difference in the most of the testing I’ve done, particularly for thin-walled prints.