Originally shared by Scorch Works Multi-pass cutting has been the most requested feature for

Originally shared by Scorch Works

Multi-pass cutting has been the most requested feature for K40 Whisperer. K40 Whisperer version 0.12 includes multi-pass cutting and a few other new features it is now available for download:
http://www.scorchworks.com/K40whisperer/k40whisperer.html

Would be really good to get an idea of how many k40s are out in the wild. Do you keep a,log of number of downloads?

cool

@Paul_de_Groot No, I do not.

Hi @Scorch, could I use Scorch Works on a Windows 8 OS?
In the Documentations no Zagig driver for that OS.

@BEN_3D Yes, use the one labeled
“Zadig (Windows Vista,7,8,10)”

ahh

@Paul_de_Groot I don’t know what I am going to do when I get my Gerbil, I’m very much used to K40 Whisperer :slight_smile:

@PrintinAddiction that’s wonderful. Indeed amazing approach to rework around the existing solution and being able to work out a closed protocol from observing. Next step for me is to design a total replacement for the k40. The amount of steel and wasted space plus the laser tube lifespan of only 1000hr is not a great investment. Gerbil is not only about hardware, Check out my toolchain for the k40 within Inkscape. It’s a time saver and takes the complexity out of your work. I’m time poor so efficent and fast tool chains are a life saver.

Any plans on putting source on Github?
I know you publish source along with releases, but it is just so much simpler contributing if there is a official repository

@Anders_Sandstrom No, I do not.

@PrintinAddiction I too am very accustomed to K40 Whisperer. It looks like Paul has shipped my board via Aussie Post a couple of days ago and it’s well on its way.