Originally shared by Michel DA SILVA 3 doors complete Bad news: glass bed broke,

Originally shared by Michel DA SILVA

3 doors complete
Bad news: glass bed broke, I can’t print :slight_smile:

Oh thats bad

I’m not sure if I’m just clumsy but after breaking 3 pieces of glass (I was only using picture glass which is thinner than normal glass) I moved over to using a PRINTinZ plate. Never had to worry about it again after that. Also never having to mess around with glue, painters tape or kapton tape again made it worth it for me.

I’m learning about Delta printers. My question is about the shape of the bed, why is it always circular? Why can’t it be some other shape like a triangle? Thanks.

I think its because the maximum dimensions you can move the nozzle to create a circle. You could make a triangular bed if you wanted but it would end up smaller than the circle as it would need to fit inside it.

Thank you for the explanation. Not being able to take advantage of the printinable area would be counterproductive. So, any shape could work so long as it also captures the full printable area.

Correct, which for a delta is a circle and for a Cartesian printer would be a square or rectangle.

Before to choose circular i draw with square or rectangular but the design was better with circular.

Cool printer!

I’m planning to encase my new kossel build too, curious as to why you use glass instead of perspex?

@Chengster_N Doors are made with PLEXIGLASS, printer bed is made with glass.

My bad, should have read your post more carefully. That’s a very pretty design overall.