Originally shared by John Car Charlotte FPV Racing League at Charlotte Maker Faire today.

Originally shared by John Car

Charlotte FPV Racing League at Charlotte Maker Faire today. 3D printed Cobra Electric car.

That’s awesome. Want.

Awesome carbon-fiber reinforced plastic 3D printed car.

Amazing car. We also showed our 3D printed quads

Can You explain more about what was 3d printed and how? Link to a web address…?

Sure here is the link so you can print your own racing quad. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1040710

For the car look up Oak ridge national labs or previous posts

Thanks Jon :blush:

The group that was contracted to build the car said that they have the resolution up on the large scale printer now and are starting to sell the printer to other companies like factory 5 that currently makes the bodies out of fiberglass molds. I would like to start a company and start printing small affordable aircraft with sport aviation avionics.

Love it! I plan to build some large scale printers next year- to print cars and maybe small plane parts. My programmer flies s trike and we often talk about an electric plane.

I put you in contact with the contractor that is working with Oak ridge if you like. I am going to be planning on visiting his shop in the near future.

Cool. What do the printers cost? Should be able to dramatically reduce the cost. I talked to CEO of local motors… Those cost 1.5 million! It can be done for much less. Gotta work on the pellet extruder first. Seemecnc have one they use on their gigantic delta

Drop me a email at jcar@johncarassociates.com I am sure the contractor would be interested in working with you to develop a better version of the printer. It took him 8 years to get into Oak ridge program.