Originally shared by Jacob Merrill Rep-Rap Open Source Human Walking Assistance O.s.h.w.a Goal Get

Originally shared by Jacob Merrill

Rep-Rap Open Source Human Walking Assistance O.s.h.w.a

Goal
Get blue prints available to allow for the non-ambulatory and the near non-ambulatory… to walk using Rep-Rap printed devices that are slotted for servos, and run some sort of UNIX Linux or blender to control the system, or anything open source really that has a Ui that can be used, as well as a physics engine and script language,

System
Using a “walk cycle” similar to 3d animation “Key frames” application of forces can be cycled, these cycles could be adjusted in real time,
this could allow for walking dynamically with high stability if a real time displacement of a “Ground plane” that the solver decides on “targeting” a walking step position, and then does it…

This will take hours of tinkering, and days of thoughts, and possibly a lot of adjustment over time after it is done,

Who is with me?

Ps…
It looks like my wife my have ALS, or some other similar muscle wasting disease, and helping her could help everyone…

Were you looking for something along these lines?: http://www.stratasys.com/lp/magicarms/

Yes, but a dynamic walker, and light and re-chargable

So your thinking for the legs then? I think servos may be a bit underpowered for something like that. I would try looking at stepper motors for their torque.

screws/carved curved tracks?
Spin = transmission factored “curve guide” like a cam almost,

Design, test, evaluate, redesign :slight_smile:
Weight vs Power vs Cost?

im so much amazed with this 3d printer