Originally shared by Electronic Frontier Foundation EFF is targeting dangerous 3D printing patent applications.

Originally shared by Electronic Frontier Foundation

EFF is targeting dangerous 3D printing patent applications. To help defend innovation, we need your help.
https://eff.org/r.a8sz

I totally second this. 3D Printing Technologies are the Messiah of the future inminent economical crisis. We cannot let this abomination takes place in the world. We can technically do this with Arduino Open Source! We just need to focus and start creating maps for making this accessible to EVERYBODY.
Thats why I admire Elon Musk, he is going to make the Multiplanetary expansion of humanity faster than if NASA plans it. With his new company SpaceX.
Thanks to share this Snow Andrews.

IMO '996 is not a dangerous patent. There are a billion ways to generate supports and this looks to be very specific to their implementation (which important details are conveniently left out which is a patent no-no.) My guess is that the guy’s boss walked into his office one day and forced him to work on this worthless patent documenting his work instead of doing productive work.