Originally shared by djC653 So how does one connect with their printer(Well I know

Originally shared by djC653

So how does one connect with their printer(Well I know HOW) and get to the version of Marlin that is on the board now?
I have different versions on my computer but want to know which is on the printer’s board right now so I can change back something I changed months ago.

Generally, you don’t.

ok. I couldn’t find a way to do so. Just was wondering if I was missing something. I think I found the one I was modifying in the past so figures crossed.

@djC653 ​ there are some convoluted ways of extracting the .hex file, which involve going address by address - but you won’t extract any plaintext, generally.

So ppl here used this Delta Calc. yet?
http://escher3d.com/pages/wizards/wizarddelta.php
Should I do a m505 to go to basic settings then go through the calc.?
Plus on the ‘initial homed height’ should I go with whats in Marlin or manually count down the height using PronterFace’s Z minus’s buttons and use that #?

Honestly, I don’t even remember at this point. Been working with deltas for so long that have most of that stuff has been hard coded and I haven’t actually had to ‘calibrate’ a delta in a long time.