Originally shared by Arthur Wolf Well the v2 project keeps on making progress.

Originally shared by Arthur Wolf

Well the v2 project keeps on making progress.

The firmware is very close to having the right base to be built upon ( as in : NuttX has finally mostly been beat up into the shape we need ),

and the first ( PRE-ALPHA ) v2-mini protos have just been produced, they’ll be used mostly only to confirm the basic design decisions for the series, and are not expected to print/cut anything for several months still.

Exciting times :slight_smile:

It’s so cute.

@Stephen_Baird It is ! :slight_smile: And if we do everything we want to do succesfully, it’ll probably be at a price that will shut up the “I’d buy Open-Source buy China is less expensive” people.

Seriously exciting times ahead, then. I look forward to seeing it completed.

Looking forward to the new version. Keep up the great work!

Are there any new firmware/hardware laser features like analog power control, variable pwm period, temp probe, interlocks etc.?

There will be a ton of new features, but they will be rolled out progressively. v2 is all about having the room and power to implement those. Right now we are concentrating on getting v2 to the point v1 is at now.

@Arthur_Wolf I’m mostly thinking of analog output for power control.

@donkjr Actually, v1 already has this, it’s just commented out because nobody ever tested it. It’s been there for two years, it’s possible the line was deleted since in a clean-up, but it’s really a 3-lines change. It’s just not activated because nobody ever tested it and we nearly never get requests for it.

Looking great!!!

Thank you for news, so we don’t need to ping for it :wink:

@Arthur_Wolf whats the best way to get more info this analog power control and how to use it?
+Wolfmanjm would this be a better approach than the PWM to analog conversion circuit we are working on???

@donkjr I just looked and it’s not in there anymore, so not really sure.

@Wolfmanjm would this be a better approach than the PWM to analog conversion circuit we are working on???

G+ at it again not sure if the +Wolfmanjm link is active?

@Thomas_Herrmann think it’s smoothing all of it.

@Thomas_Herrmann No idea :slight_smile: Will ask.

@donkjr i am not sure exactly what arthur is referring to. the only analogue i am aware of is the vfd adapter.

I’m saying changing the laser module from pwm to dac is only a few lines changes ( the pwm and dac objects are very similar ) and years ago somebody did just that ( it was in the code for a while commented … or possibly in a branch ) but nobody ever actually tested it.

I think there is an external circuit still required for DAC to get 0-5v

@Wolfmanjm is the processor dac not run whatever reference voltage you set up (travelling so I didn’t look up the processor)?
I was encouraging the add of a 0-5 dac or pwm-analog circuit on V2.