Experimenting w/ this a bit — modeled a simple mitered box:
Only inputs were:
and whether or no one is getting a 3D Preview, and the flat view is:
The code however, looks like this:
and it’s missing many of the niceties which I was pretty easily adding using BlockSCAD.
Probably a lot of the lines could be cleaned up by instantiating more “Get_foo” blocks (where foo is the desired variable name)
A few things I have noticed that could be done right now to make the graph more readable:
If you give the module parameters a proper type (e.g. number instead of any) you can type numerical values directly into the node. E.g. consider this
and now we use this module inside our main graph:
As you can see the parameters that have type number will give you an edit field where you can type the number directly where the any fields do not.
Modules can have default values for their parameters if the parameters have a proper type. When you click the pen icon next to a module parameter (inside of the module graph) you will get a text field which allows you to specify the default:
when you use the module, you can override the default value by clicking the pen icon or you can just connect another node which will also override the default value
You can drag in as many variable get nodes as you need, this could also help clean up some of the connections:
You mentioned “many missing niceties”, could you maybe give some more detail about this?
Could that allow typing in a variable name?
Missing niceties are things such as stylus support, and being able to scroll/pan w/ a stylus by clicking, and copying a block and getting more than just the block (though I see now that that was more a matter of selection) — I’m going to tidy up what I have and see if it starts to click.
You can copy/paste a selection of nodes, just drag a rectangle around them and then press Ctrl/Cmd+C to copy and Ctrl/Cmd-V to paste. Stylus support is on the list
I have added a few helper functions for calculations needed in multiple positions and moved the preview into a separate module. I have also moved the model into the center, so we can use symmetry to do some of the work for us. This greatly simplifies the graph:
Been working w/ this a bit more, and am now importing the gcodepreview library I’ve been working on:
and using it in OSGE for a quick proof of concept:
which previews in OpenSCAD as expected:
and w/ a bit of massaging (needs the preamble you discussed on GitHub), works well in RapCAD:
and generates G-code which previews as expected: