One of my first projects with my CRP-4848 was making a stand off for

One of my first projects with my CRP-4848 was making a stand off for a pole to hold my new touch display. The monitor is an Elo E497002 Pro-Cap Touch Screen Monitor from ebay – only paid $114 for a ten point multi-touch monitor. I’m using a DVI mirroring device that mirrors one of the other monitors on my control PC. The challenge was running the USB without it being in the way. I’m running 15ft USB2 cables into a Balkin USB2 powered hub. The powered hub is for the remote pendant and the touch screen of the monitor.

The support I did up in Fusion360. By measuring the thickness of my actual stock and using that in the drawing, it was easy to design and cut it the first time so that the joinery was a nice fit and took glue nicely. It is anchored to the side of the CNC table with six 3/8 lag bolts.

My next project for the touch display is a keyboard tray that connects to the back of the monitor via the VESA 100 mount and comes underneath to hold the keyboard tray.

The pictures are from early in the build. I’m still routing and cleaning up the cabling.