Okay, I know the expression "You get what you pay for" but this seems

Okay, I know the expression “You get what you pay for” but this seems like a bit of a bargain. I have been getting serious eye strain trawling the internet, looking for information on the electronics side of my planned Arduino based DTHC for my plasma cutter. When I found this little gem I was quite exited about it. It’s still reasonably expensive but its a lot closer to something I could afford to buy. There is a fair amount of information and video evidence of these boxes working on real machines so I’m becoming quite sold on the idea of including one into my machine. I really do need THC to get a more reliable cut. Has anyone out there in the DIY CNC community had any experience with these boxes of tricks or better still got one in use on their machine? I would be very interested to hear anything, anyone can say about them. Thanks guys.

On a different note, it makes me happy to welcome all the new members of the community and all of the posts that you guys have putting up over the recent months. The community is really coming alive now. Thanks to you all.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proffessional-Compact-CNC-Plasma-THC-Controller-Torch-Height-Control-/171022868521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d1c1e029

Hello Richard. I could not be more pleased with mine. The only problems I had installing it were related to Mach3. That video I posted apparently sold units and Lukasz the owner of Proma-Elektronika wrote me a thank you and sent me one of his new units. The new one has connections so you have the option of connecting them to a voltage divider that comes included on some newer plasma machines. I think it’s a great unit. I have no experience with any other THC and I read the list of things the Proma can not do as it is a simple voltage sensor, but I have not had a any problems with it at all. I do not have a floating head, so I simply break up the pattern if needed to place the pierce points within a foot or two of each other. Then set Z-0 to something that looks about right for the location between the points and press Go. We have cut over 100 parts like that and the only issue is when we let the torch consumables wear out. So I change them when needed and wear them out when I’m doing cuts by hand. Hope that helps. --Doug
Video: http://youtu.be/kf8S3rL3wYw

Mate, that’s brilliant news. I do have a floating head so I suppose the set up would be a little more complicated but very “do-able”. I’ll have to see about getting one as soon as I’ve settled into the new workshop (moving house). Thanks very much for getting back to me and welcome to the community. I’ll keep you and the rest of the community posted about how things go. Its very reassuring that you are in contact with the owner of the company, the personal touch is always good.

Hello .
I’m a new fan with minor knowledge of CNC. I am writing to ask a GREAT FAVOUR. Or finished my first plant on a drill cnc milling brand Fervi T045. I tried it and it works well with the milling. Now I want to put plasma cutting, however, for two months I’m looking on the internet and I can not understand where you have to put down cables, up, and with arc of thc 150 proma on my card CNC TB6560 4 (Chinese). Then how should I set the Mach3 and pin port on the THC, THC up, THC down. These pins are pins from the z-axis from the parallel port or from Ataco manual interface ??? I can say that I became when I try to format a solution and I can not find. They are desperate because they do not know anyone who can help me and where I have to go to inform me.
Thanks so much.