ok...well I suppose in the practice of playing with this and attempting projects one

ok…well I suppose in the practice of playing with this and attempting projects one has questions…here is my new one.

I upgraded my laser to a 15 watt blue led unit. It uses either ttl or analog to control the beam power. I have it set to analog and said nice little Arduino is indeed sending out nearly 5v when asked resulting in a full 15 watts of beam.

The problem I encountered is that by following the recommended procedures for LaserWeb and GRBL, what I get after vectoring some text from a .jpg is LOTS of tiny straight lines in G code. Regardless of using an M3 or M4 in GRBL. I end up with a duty cycle to the laser of less than 10%

I have set GRBL to laser mode via $32. There must be something I am overlooking because I see so many successful results here. Any suggestions?

Sorry, I did not mention that my power in LW is set to 100% and speed to 200 mm/ms

@Keshka_Kotera I haven’t seen many diode laser able to go that fast. Unless you have seen some proof of someone else running at that speed then it’s to much, an explain why would you see.some very light engraving

At 200mm/s you have a mathematical problem. Let’s say the image should have 0.1mm pixel size. This would mean you need to write 2000 pixel/s. That’s too much for grbl on arduino. Don’t expect to get more than 500-700 pixel/s from a arduino with grbl.

Maybe from a Due… not a 328 tho