Ok guys just got my k40 laser today.

Ok guys just got my k40 laser today. Everything is hooked up and when I try to start engraving the laser is arcing out at the back of the tube away from the mirror. What am I doing wrong here. Thanks

You have to align the mirrors, they usually arrive unaligned.

Gary I think the laser tube is junk. I have water in the both tubes.

Oh man :frowning: What, you have a definite leak ?

Arcing is the High Voltage jumping to
a ground or your metal chassis.

On my laser, the HV is fed at the rear of
the tube with a red wire and is covered with silicon tubing or caulk @ the glass.

If your tube is damaged as you stated, I wouldn’t fire it anymore.

HV is 15,000 - 20,000 volts and can easily jump to the nearest ground/person/water source.

Should there be water in both chambers of the glass tube ? I don’t see a crack or anything

The tube is not even lighting up like other videos I’ve seen

Yes…don’t fire it…that’s how I fried my power supply as soon as it arrived…a new one cost 98.00 bucks!

No there should only be water in one chamber…the middle cooling shell.

Thanks guys I bought this from ebay I’m waiting to hear back from the seller. I don’t think that seller sells replacement parts there gonna have to replace the whole unit

Yeah…I would send it back…I cost me another 400.00…just to get mine working…I should have sent mine back right away but I didn’t wanna wait over a month to get a new one so I replaced the tube and power supply myself…it works fantastic with the upgraded tube.

Well it only took a week to get it so hopefully I’m not out to long

Maybe not…you have to wait to get the refund then reorder…then you might get one in the same shape or worse…the first 2 replacement tubes from Amazon arrived broken so I ordered one from laser depot.

They just offered to send me a new tube and $50 refund… Hmm

Lol…good luck with that