Ok group I've been watching on the sidelines for sometime now and I'm getting

Ok group I’ve been watching on the sidelines for sometime now and I’m getting ready to purchase a 3d printer. I would like some advice on what is working for you guys.

First give use some of your requirements, budget, and what materials or objects you’d like to print.

Looking to make some items to help Crafters like little guides for knitting, characters like super heroes and such. Cases for raspberrypi. I would like to stay around $500-$700.

@Den_Bid I’ve really enjoyed the Reliabuild RB3. It’s an amazing little product. Check out http://www.reliabuild3D.com. Also, feel free to look at any of the prints I’ve posted on in this forum. You get amazing quality for the price. It out-performs printers that are thousands more expensive. In addition, the support is outstanding! You don’t just buy a printer from these guys. They actually teach you how to get good quality prints. This overcomes a lot of the learning curve of getting good at 3D printing. Standard kits are $900 for a 10 x 10 x 10 build area, but I might be able to get you a discount, since I know the owners. I’m also happy to support these printers on the side. I believe in them THAT much. :slight_smile:http://www.reliabuild3D.com

Prusa i3 MK3 is a bit outside of that budget at $750 for the kit but it comes highly recommended. Your use cases are extremely limited though, you could get by with just using PLA so you may be able to get a sub $300 machine with no heated bed. Although as you get more experienced you’ll want to try more and experiment and the Prusa is going to be the best for that.

For 220 you can get the monoprice. It works right out of the box and is a surprisingly good printer.

After a few prints i did have to modify some stuff on it, but its been churning away ever since

The original prusa i3 MK3 is just outside of the budget, but the original i3 MK2 is a beast of a machine itself as well, and if the extra sensors and the extreme quitness is not a requirement you can get the reliable original i3 MK2 for just 619!

Original Prusa kit. Best value for the money. Best choice if you only have access to one machine. Not the easiest to repair imho, but reliable as they come, and great factory support.

I had a Prusa I3 that I got from FolgerTech. It ran pretty well for the beginning. However, once I got my Reliabuild3D RB3, I realized just how good printing can get. The Prusa had horrible Z wobble the higher that it went, causing your prints to have more and more ringing the higher they get. You can settle for a cheap printer kit. It’s how I first started. I personally think Reliabuild got it right striking the balance between high quality and economy. At least take a look before you make your choice. I promise you won’t regret it.

Do not confuse generic prusas with an original prusa.

@Daniel_Jackman hey Daniel I have e been reading up on that one looks interesting. Thanks

@Den_Bid no problem! Let me know if you have any more questions. Like I said, if you go that direction, I might be able to get you a discount. @Heath_Harper

@Den_Bid I’m happy to answer any questions and provide references if needed. Thanks for considering us.

@Daniel_Jackman thanks for the referral. You really are one of our coolest customers!