Now that my new Eusthatios is running quite well it's about time to give

Now that my new Eusthatios is running quite well it’s about time to give that OrdBot Hadron a big maintenance overhaul. It ran well for the past two years but it really needs some cleanup (cables, electronics) some new Stuff (will exchange the RAMPs with some leftover RUMBA and test some different stepper drivers on it).

Also definitely some mechanical improvement has to be done as the print quality wasn’t what i expect it to be. Back then when i built it i exchanged the M8 Z-Axis with TR8x2 Leadscrews. The screws are good but the self-made delrin nuts as a replacement for the stainless steel ones that came with the RepRapDiscount Set aren’t as good as they should be. I’m still not sure where to go with the Z-Axis but i came across this Thing and basically like how he did a single-drive Z-Axis for his ordbot-lookalike. Also the additional stabilizer on top of the Z-axis doesn’t look so bad. What do you think?

any other good suggestions what can or cannot be done with the Ordbot? I’ve still some meters of Makerslide lying around so why not do a bigger mod? :slight_smile:

Looks like a great printer.

Yeah, basically it does. Though i’m still not sure if sticking with the makerslides is the best idea.