Now that I am coming closer to working on my z-bed for my Herculien.

gplus
(Dat Chu) #1

Now that I am coming closer to working on my z-bed for my Herculien. I am in need of some help getting the MDF bed routed. I could stop my build and start working on my OX again but I would rather finish one before getting on another.

Is there any gentleman who would be able to help me route the Herculien MDF piece?

(Derek Schuetz) #2

If you want to save weight, money, and time you could skip the mdf and just insulate with cork

(Dat Chu) #3

Oh? I take it I still need to route out the piece of cork?

(Brad Hopper) #4

Just get a couple of cork layers and cut the shapes from the top and middle ones.

(Dat Chu) #5

That I can do. Any recommendations on vendor for cork layers?

(Brad Hopper) #6

You can get cork sheets at home depot/ Lowes typically in tile form. Then also the art supply shops like Michaels

(Dat Chu) #7

Sweet. Another trip to Home Depot. Thank you guys. I wonder, can one route cork plate?

(Eric Lien) #8

I should have sent you my old one. I used cork for the first year or so. It works fine. I used 1/4" hard board on the flat bottom to sandwich the cork up to the aluminum plate. One problem is most craft store 1/4" cork only comes in 12" squares. So you need to patchwork it together.

(Derek Schuetz) #9

You could always insulate with foil that’s what I did on my euth and have had no issues with heat up