Notifications

How can I get notifications of new posts on my desktop and mobile (android)?

Click on your avatar and pick the settings icon. Under your user settings, click on notifications on the left allows, this allows you to enable or disable live notifications.

As far as I can tell in the app, at least in the iOS version, it doesn’t give you a push notifications for new posts. You have to open the app to see if there are new posts shown for the forum. The only time I’ve gotten push notifications so far with the app is for replies to my posts or if someone mentions me. If you hit the bell icon in the app it shows a breakdown of new, replies or all notifications.

I have done that, I think.

I think that it only shows what is not read when you open the web page or the app.
You have to check the notifications “bell” by opening the web page or mobile app.

This is the kind of thing that annoys me about forum motifs…

That is my experience on Droid as well.

@funinthefalls @NedMan Are you using this plugin for notifications?

It’s a core feature so no need for a separate plugin. Enable from the notification section in your preferences.

Should have done more than a cursory glance at the posts!

Well I just did a bit more reading myself and there seems to be a plugin for getting notifications with zero tabs open? Not sure, it’s a bit confusing.

Maybe what I want is not what we are referring to here.
What I am looking for it for new stuff and mentions to show up in the windows desktop or browser even though I do not have the site open on a tab???

So from further reading, and a bit of testing, what we currently have are desktop notifications that only show up if you have the forum opened in a browser tab even if the tab isn’t focused or is minimized. To get desktop notifications without the forum being opened in a tab we would need the plug-in pointed to by HalfNormal.

Where are you saying these show up?

In the live notifications in my windows desktop.

Shit now its working!

1 Like