Not the most pleasant surprise powering on my Azteeg X5 GT :( I followed

Not the most pleasant surprise powering on my Azteeg X5 GT :frowning:

I followed all the instructions and all wires were perfect. Ran the E1 motor and the driver blew. It took the board with it.
Right before the board spat warnings (see img)

Difficult to blow a 2660… they have all sorts of protection features. Was this the first power-on for the system? Might’ve been a solder short somewhere.

The driver chip says “GEPMANY”. I suspect Panucatt’s board manufacturer used a counterfeit chip.

@Jeff_DeMaagd I saw that but just assumed it was a bad label etch job. Now that I look closer, it does look like an actual P. Probably counterfeit.

It’s worth looking at the other drivers at least. @Panucatt @Roy_Cortes

As far as I know the manufacturer sourced the chip from an authorized Trinamic regional distributor I specified. Not sure why it says GEPMANY, the ones I checked all have GERMANY on them.

The burn on the chip seem to be where the + VSB supply pin is at, Im suspecting there is a short either in the output or supply line for Channel B (which the output messages seems to indicate as well)

I’ll contact you for a replacement.

Roy always trying his best to make things right :slight_smile:

Thank you so much @Roy_Cortes ! I will check for shorts as well.

@Roy_Cortes let me know when you can shoot me a email stefano.pagani@verizon.net

@Stefano_Pagani Sent you an email using that email a day or two ago. if you did not get it email me roy@panucatt.com. Thanks