Not bad for one hours worth of work.

Not bad for one hours worth of work.
#diy #3dprinting #bearing #doityourself #opensource #smartrap reprap

Whats that? Can You explain me?
Thanks

+wedo toogetherim working on building a reprap smartrap. This is as far as I got in an hour. Check out my other posts for more info on the build.

Ok thanks.

I will do.

Smartrap seems to be a very interesting project. How much did you spend in total for the hardware parts and what is the size of the printing area? Thanks

@3D-Proto not very much actually. I think minus the cost if you wanted to buy the 3d printed parts I spent about $250 USD. As for the print area that’s completely up to you. I bought linear rod that allows me to make it extremely large. I haven’t cut the rod yet but I am either making a 175x175x175mm or a little larger. It’s completely up to you.

I will be posting my parts list with links as soon as I get the printer up and running. That way I know all the parts are working well together.

Keep your eyes peeled for that.

#follow
Looks far too good and smooth a print :slight_smile:
What did you make the green parts on?
Cheers!

@James_Rothschild_JRP I printed them on a 3d systems cube 2. It definitely isn’t my first choice but unfortunately that’s all that I have to use. Actually 95% came out really well though.

My toe-in-the-water is the latest FlashForge Dual. After a lot of newbie stress it’s now purring away in ABS PLA HIPS and WOOD. Resolution is impressive.
FF Google Group chaps are amazing.
I hope my learning curve and knowledge gained will lead to my own build one day too :slight_smile:

@James_Rothschild_JRP I agree. If it wasn’t for this group of wonderful people and the reprap forum I would be completely lost. Now I feel fairly knowledgeable.