Not all is quite Pro in the Creality CR10S-Pro world...

@Johan_Jakobsson OK, let’s put that to one side, though it was the two sentences after that one that I was referring to…

I’m never sure “you get what you pay for” always applies, perhaps especially for technology where the rate of change is so rapid and 3D printers are good examples of this problem. Historically we can look at 2D printers to see what’s likely to happen over the next few years. I can remember when even black & white inkjet printers were expensive items for home purchase, yet now we can buy a colour laser printer, an HP Laserjet, a well-known brand, for less than £200. There came a point where the rate of change of technology meant that more “advanced” models couldn’t continue to rise in price as they were released because competitors were able to build and sell their models much more cheaply but not necessarily at any lower quality.

The same thing is happening in 3D printing. There’s going to come a point - and I’d argue it’s perhaps already been reached - when Josef Prusa won’t be able to sell his i3 at £900 when it’s using a simple B&W matrix display panel and 3D printed parts, there’ll simply be too many good competitors out there producing far more advanced machines at half the price. This won’t be because they’re low quality, it’ll be because the components have become less expensive. It’s a real problem for manufacturers because they’re faced with releasing a better machine at a lower price than the model they sold to someone the day before and customers don’t like that.

@Jon_Gritton I agree completely.
And as with 2D printers and many other evolving technologies my guess is that as price comes down and manufacturing become more standardized we’ll see the bigger brands adopt it and steal the market from the small brands. We might also see one of the new brands become a future bigger brand. Perhaps UM, perhaps prusa. Who knows.
And when that happens it’ll be the death of the companies like for exmaple creatility if they dont manage to become one of the big players.
But i think i’ve gone way off topic and leave it at that.
Good luck with your creatility, i’ve heard they print really well. (no irony)

@shauki the upper end is free.