Newest Firefox, WOW!

Been using the Brave Browser for awhile now with great luck and a few issues.

I have been hearing good things about the newest Firefox so I decided to give it a spin. All I can say is WOW! It is fast and works on all the sites I visit. I have been having issues with the Brave Browser and would have to use Chrome or the Chromium version of the Edge browser when all else failed but now I am very happy so far. Hope it does not get bogged down with updates.

1 Like

I use Firefox on desktop and Android for practically everything, and I’ve been really impressed lately. It’s been getting faster and leaner rather than slower with new releases.

2 Likes

That’s interesting to hear. I used Firefox for a fair number of years but got tired of the memory leak issues and chrome was so much faster. It’s been at least 6 years since then though. Might have to check it out again

I have been a loyal user since the beginning. I hate having to use another browser.

I complained a bit about how they sequenced the “quantum” update a few years ago. It broke a lot of plugins — by becoming more compatible with chrome. But it definitely improved performance, and I have the plugins I care about, some of which just can’t function on chrome. And I think it’s far ahead the best on Android, starting with a more usable tab interface, especially for someone who regularly has 40-70 tabs open on mobile… On desktop, I use the tree style tabs plugin to manage often more than 100 simultaneous open tabs and it works fine.

So between richer plugin functionality and raw speed, it’s my go-to.

I keep chrome around to test things out.

1 Like

Longtime Opera user here. I’ll check new Firefox not because something is wrong with my Opera, I’m curious :slight_smile:

Been pretty much a hardcore chrome fan myself. That is why when I tried Firefox I knew it was a game-changer for me…

2 Likes