New Compact Carriage

The way it would be done normally is you would have your own version of the repository on Github with your changes/mods and you’d create a commit with just those changes you want added and then you would do a pull request against the main repository for me to pull that in. But if you want to circumvent that route you can just put the files up somewhere and give me a download link and I’ll get them uploaded

Hi Sean,

What is the Active Heating Circuit that you are talking about?

I saw in one of your pictures a tablet with controls? What are you using and what is the software?

I also noticed you extruder and is was belt driven what is the design?

Thanks for the information!

Happy Easter

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

The active heater circuit is an option in Octoprint, which is being run on a raspberry pi. I am using the enclosure plugin which allows for addition of inputs and outputs. In this particular case I have a DHT11 temp/humd sensor as my input, and an electrical outlet with a small 200watt heater connected. I have an enclosure that will heat to a predefined temperature, this is useful for controlling warping and cracking of ABS parts.

I am also running there premium version of Printoid on a crappy little jail broken tablet that I had. It’s a nice little visual interface of Octoprint that allows for custom button commands etc.

The extruder is a Mobius 3.1, honestly it is without a doubt the best extruder I have ever used, you can find the files and BOM at www.vorondesign.com

2 Likes

I tried Github. I consider myself reasonably skilled with computers. It makes me feel stupid. Here is the link to the files: https://github.com/Breeder18/EustathiosSpiderV2

Eric please put them in the community mods repository. I still have to add additional files, including the mods for the cable chain, the belt shield for the Z drive, and the modified electrical connection. I added a few versions of the carriage, since I had trouble with mounting the BLtouch. I think the best option is deeper holes that are tapped. I made them deeper and tapered to hole the screws better. The original holes were much too small for a heat set insert.

Good Luck and let me know if you have questions!

1 Like

Thanks Sean, I’ll work on this tonight once the kids are all asleep, and I watch the show with the wife. I appreciate the contribution. It’s nice to know even though Google+ is dead things are still living on here in the maker forums.

3 Likes

Eric, I think this will be my last upload on this particular thread. My machine is running well, I am 95% to where I want to be, waiting for an Ultistik spring steel coated PEI bed. My PEI is extremely wavy and is causing all sorts of frustration. This is a video of Bias Tape makers for COVID-19 mask efforts.

Video of Printer in Action

2 Likes