New ChiliPeppr user.  Have used it successfully for a couple of test cuts now.

New ChiliPeppr user. Have used it successfully for a couple of test cuts now. I’m using an X-Carve\grbl.
The one issue I’m having is that it will randomly just pause itself 2-3 times during a cut (1.5 hours-ish). If I hit the ~ / unpause button, it’ll launch back to life. Any thoughts? I’m on a mac, using Chrome. Really great tool by the way :slight_smile:

Never heard of this error happening on Grbl. This error used to happen on TinyG but the bug got resolved in SPJS. Grbl has its own buffer implementation in SPJS. I don’t think the Grbl buffer ever mimicked the changes I made to TinyG. So we’d have to loop in @Jarret_Luft on that one.

It’s weird: No errors or warnings, the machine ‘just stops moving’. I hit the gocde un-pause and/or ~, and off it goes. But since it happens every time I’ve used it, figured it was worth asking. It’s not like I leave it alone running so it’s not a huge deal :stuck_out_tongue: But would be interested to track down a fix.
Would this have anything to do with the 6 year old macbook air it’s running on?

Yes, on slower machines the “stall” bug creeps up more often.

So, here’s an interesting bit of history:
Day 1 of use: Limitsiwtches installed and working. Carve fine using Easel, can home a-ok with the limitswitches.
Day 2 : Hey let’s try Chilipeppr! Get it up and running, then hit the home button. Toolhead goes in the opposite direction of home (X goes right, Y goes back, Z goes down, rather than left, forward, up), bit crashes into the wasteboard, steppers make terrible sounds, I hit the e-stop… Ever since then, my limitswitches have quit working (even though they never got used during that screw-up). There’s a thread on all the troubleshooting I’ve gone through here: https://discuss.inventables.com/t/homing-was-working-then-just-stopped/17804/1
But to summarize, my Arduino has zero volts coming out of all the pins for the switches, regardless of what I set grbl to. I’d love to get them working again, but current thought is somehow my Arduino went bad.

Thats weird. There are grbl settings so it knows which way to go to home. But I think it is conventional to have it be to the back right corner such that all of the machine coordinates when working are negative. About the pins, I would imagine that if grbl doesn’t set those pins to output mode and enable the internal pull up/down, they may read zero volts with nothing attached.

@Frank_Graffagnino "About the pins, I would imagine that if grbl doesn’t set those pins to output mode and enable the internal pull up/down, they may read zero volts with nothing attached. " : Is there any way you know of for me to test this / adjust? I feel it’s something that chilipeppr did to grbl, since it was working until I connected it to chilipeppr. But it’s all so new to me I sort of floundering in the dark. Thanks!

No, I don’t. Only that I would think you need to check your grbl configuration to make sure those limits are enabled.

As a sanity check would that be both $20 & $21 set to 1? Right now they’re both set to zero, not that I’ve ever changed these values. Thanks

I believe so. Do a Google search for configuring GRBL