Need some help with spindle selection so I figured who better to ask then

Need some help with spindle selection so I figured who better to ask then you smart folks here… I’ve been designing and building a cnc router and although I can take a pretty good stab at motors and controllers i have no idea where to begin with spindles. I’d want to be able to cut aluminum, woods and plastics. I don’t even know where to begin but if have seen the price on some of these and don’t want to end up with something that doesn’t work for my application or is poor in quality. I don’t know what questions to ask so any pointers in the right direction will be much appreciated. Thanks.

OpenBuilds community might have some good pointers or members to help with this question too.

https://plus.google.com/communities/111066409641093854887

Dewalt 611 is very popular
As is the 800w-1.5kw water-cooled spindles… The DeWalt will be louder but easier on the pocket book… The water cooled spindles require a VFD drive and much more complexity to set up…

I’ve been using a water cooled 2.2kw with VFD for about 3 years now on my gantry router. It had a Porter Cable router before that. I like it a lot and will not go back to a loud router. They make smaller versions too 800watt, 1.5kw both air and water cooled. They are more expensive than a router.

I’m not using laserweb on the gantry. It’s running UCCNC with a UC300eth motion controller. That shouldn’t matter though since these VFD spindles should work with any setup.

I boutght one 1.5kw from aliexpress 3 months ago, and it works very well.
This is:
¡ Nuevo llegue!! 1.5kw refrigerado por aire del motor del husillo cnc motor del huso 220 V/1.5KW inversor 1 Unidades er11 fresado Cuadrados husillo de la máquina
http://s.aliexpress.com/vayYN363
(from AliExpress Android)

@Roberbike ​, are you cutting aluminum with this? The price seems ok!

@Alex_Krause what are you switching to the 611 from?

400w Chinese air cooled spindle

@Chuck_Comito not by the moment, but I have plans to cut aluminiun and carbón fiber.