Name Snowflake Ornament Maker

1 Like

Pretty cool but does require registration to do much with it. I did find that if you edit it in Cuttle you can then select-all copy the design and paste it into Inkscape, ungroup and select the outline and convert to path(vector). Saving that as SVG(Inkscape std file format) will allow LightBurn or other apps to import the design and cut the outline and engrave the text.

1 Like

You don’t need to copy and paste into Inkscape. Copy from cuttle, and paste into Lightburn. I signed a yearly subscription to cuttle. It’s pretty easy to make parametric designs, and they are adding to it all of the time. Here is another cool snowflake ornament generator in cuttle.

1 Like

Good call and correct. It does default to FILL for both layers but by switching the Black layer to Line it’s ready to go in LightBurn. Thx.

That’s most likely because you have the setting highlighted in yellow turned on. If you do, Lightburn defaults the mode to be what it was the last time.

1 Like

Interestingly I do not have that setting turned on. hmm.

I have it on all of the time, because I tend to use black for engrave and red for cut.

The “hmm” was for the fact that it wasn’t why it came in defaulted to Fill if pasted directly into LightBurn. When I converted the outline to a path in Inkscape and then imported the Inkscape file(SVG) it was layer 1(blk)=Line and layer 2(blu)=Fill which is what people would want.

Either way, it’s easy to do and get a working design.

1 Like