My simple water cooling system. Home Depot bucket.

My simple water cooling system. Home Depot bucket. I added a little blue food coloring so i could see the volume in the laser tube and see the airbubbles easier. I added a cover to keep dust from entering the “tank”.
I need to add a coolant flow switch next in the interlock circuit.

A cover is simple smart. Colour is great. The choice will be up to others (daughter who must be obeyed). Blood red would be my choice :slight_smile:

I don’t have experience with this, but I’ve seen a flowmeter test which said a lidded container without air holes slows the rate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI6TKkP4mqE&index=3&list=PLLofGrZX5F84XyteWO8BTHltbnrJE3g4i)

Its a decent size cut i put through the side of the cover. Also its just loosely sitting on top. Not air tight at all.

I’ve read that algae will grow in plain water and gum up the tube, and is also a problem with water cooled computer parts. A laser equipped friend suggested windshield washer fluid (what I use), others use RV antifreeze, both of which supposedly keep the green stuff from growing. If you’re in the states near a Wally World they’re both about $2.50US a gallon. Cheap WWF is blue, RVA is pink and a little food coloring could make it red (sorry dear, that’s how it comes :slight_smile: )

@Kirk_Yarina Thanks for the advice. I’ll give that a shot, makes sense.