My self designed CoreXY made it's first moves :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1HOUbO_MnU

My self designed CoreXY made it’s first moves :slight_smile:

Congrats! This looks like a SmartRap Core style box, I like the idea for remote mounting the Z motor to make things less bulky. Can’t wait to see how it prints! More CoreXY designs! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:651117

Yes, I borrowed the idea for the belt from the smartrap, but I have all the electronics, motors,and the filament spool outside the build room on the back. My goal is to build a printer with a 20cm x 20cm bed with a relative compact size, about 32x40cm.

Corexy has a belt crossover and 4 atachment points. This is more a H bot. But it works :slight_smile:

@Imko_Beckhoven_van The crossover doesn’t happen vertically in this model because he is running the two belts at different heights so they do not intersect. I did something similar on my machine, it makes for a bit safer driving of the belts as they don’t enter the pulleys at an angle.
He’s still got a CoreXY there!

@Chris_Purola_Chorca ​ yes… My bad !! Sorry.

At the moment it’s really one belt, the crossing is the loose slope at the print head :slight_smile: Have to cut it to length.

Like the compact carriage, and moving the motor outside. Why use gt2 pulley as idler? It’s more expensive. Could see the belt vibrating, need more tension?

I used the pulleys as idler because i have so many lying around :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll replace them with printed idler wheels. Today I put some screws through the side walls and the motor mounts to make tha case more rigid, now the belt tension ist better. At the moment I do the cabling, heated bed is already connected and PID autotune was run, first test print will come soon!!

In my experience having metal pulleys/idlers help when you put a lot of tension on the belt.

At the moment I am really carefull not to have too much tension, because the idlers are all running on abs printed axes :slight_smile:

Great well done