My power supply is making the Exact same noise a this one:

My power supply is making the Exact same noise a this one:

anyone else had this and knows what it is?

Typically this is the High Voltage Transformer in the LPS arching. Although it could also be a HV leak in the wiring.
You can replace the HVT but now days you can find LPS for $40-70 and a HVT is about $30.

Turn out the lights and see where the system is arching.

@donkjr Thanks again Don. Will i better off removing the psu case first?

@Yorkshire_Fox
WARNING removing the K40 LPS cover can expose lethal voltages! You do so at your own risk!

That said;
-after unplugging the K40’s main power plug
-wait 30 min
-then you can remove the LPS cover

-plug the power back in and run the machine in the dark with the LPS visible
-stay well away from the machine while it is running
-do not put your hand near the LPS and do not touch any conductive surfaces while it is running

-after unplugging the K40’s main power plug
-wait 30 min
-then you can replace the LPS cover

Videos may help. If the HVT is bad you may see arcing or corona around the HVT (white transformer).

@donkjr I was very careful but had to get the camera close enough. No visible arcing when the lights were off.

I replaced my laser tube due to the other arcing issue i had which resolved it but i dont feel like im getting enough power. It take 10 passes with power at 90% to cut through 3mm acrylic.

What speed are your running and do you feel like your alignment is good, mirrors and lenses are clean?

@Kelly_Burns running 6mm/s cleaned and aligned mirrors. Although I wil be buying some new mirrors as the machine was second hand

Is there any arching in the laser tube compartment?

@donkjr no arcing in the back. the noise is defo coming from the white flyback

@Yorkshire_Fox You do not always see the corona so I am guessing the HVT is bad. You can replace that or the supply.

OH MY GOD NO!!!
I had this from day 1.
I thaught it had to be normal.

I guess it cannot come from the Antifreeze i had in the cooling liquid or can it?

Can you post a short video of your machine running a job or doing a test fire so we can hear the noise?

I will do that with pleasure in the nearest future.