My Meanwell 24V 350 watt PSU blew while I was trying to mill some

My Meanwell 24V 350 watt PSU blew while I was trying to mill some aluminum. Would it work if I installed external drivers? I was using a bosch 1617 EVS Router (I know using a spindle would have been best) but my spindle is only 500 watts and I thought the machine could handle it with the router.

“Would it work if I installed external drivers?”
Not clear what the “it” is here, George.
I think the Bosch is AC router (correct?) so the Meanwell was your stepper supply? 350Watts @24 V is 14+ amps, X+Y+Y would be 3*2,5A max at full pot, so the Stepper load by itself should not be the cause of failure. Perhaps the cooling for the Meanwell (fan) failed?
External Drivers capable of higher voltage drive as well as higher current drive to your steppers would give you more stepper power (torque), but might also destroy your Ox if it is just being pushed too hard.
And you might need >350W supply for the external drives.

Ok, thanks. I think I haven’t been adjusting the Fusion programs I’ve been using correctly. I’ve tried to minimize the depth of cut, but the bit goes deeper than I plan. Not sure if it has to do with the offsets, problems when sending the code to Chilipeppr or what exactly.