My kossel derivative is slowly getting there. Using OpenBuilds v-slot extrusion and mini wheel.

My kossel derivative is slowly getting there. Using OpenBuilds v-slot extrusion and mini wheel. 20x40 profile is overkill but better safe than sorry. Not so sure about the carriage though, that may be too weak in the long run. Wheel adjustment is also tricky.

Looks good. I really like this system much better than the round bars system. Did you design the printed parts or is there files that are downloadable?

Thanks. Yes, the design becomes very clean when using the extrusions as rails. The printed parts are Kossel modifications done by me and my brother @Hakan_Langemark . Still work in progress, no files ready yet.

Been watching your progress - I build my mini using linear rail, and while it works, it irritated me to use rail strapped to the extrusion! I’ve got v-slot from the Kickstart, and intend on doing about that same, with the exception of using 2020.

Looks good. Happy with that belt clamp?
Did some thinking about the wheel adjustment. The best solution I can come up with is to use a slanted slot instead of a hole for the adjustable wheels. Going down to three wheels is probably worth a try as well…
Or just wait for the mini-v plate to arrive. :slight_smile:

Belt clamp works better than expected. Just slide the belt down in the grooved slot and it stays there by friction. Slanted slot is probably a good idea, the problem is you can’t tell how tight the wheel is until you’ve tightened the bolt. Still, probably quite ok. Maybe should try the excenters first? Three wheels will probably make the carriage higher (z) to make room for the horns, which will make it less rigid. Feel free to try.

Right. Well, my parts are currently in Philadelphia so it will take some time…