My K40 Exhaust Solution

Work on my exhaust upgrade has begun. The plan is to use a 10in x 4in x 6in register box with a 90° bend connect to (eventually) rigid duct work to a 6in in-line duct fan at the end of the line and ultimately to this vent.

This is the state of my mod far:

1. removed original fan and vent flange
  2. drilled holes to attach register box
  3. attached register box with M5 screws
  4. sealed entire union (inside and out) with metal tape

Progress photo

4 Likes

I assume you will not be able to easily get into the tube compartment with that attached? Not a huge issue if you can’t.

2 Likes

Actually, it opens just fine. It clears with about half an inch clearance. Not the most convenient, but doable without much work.

3 Likes

6 inch exhaust vent installed. Never been more worried about lowering my resale value than when I took a jigsaw to my vinyl siding.

3 Likes

For now, I am using mostly semi-rigid duct until I can learn to size the rigid stuff. The exhaust fan is a Vivosun 6in inline duct fan. Supposedly pulling 390 CFM.

3 Likes

I haven’t tested the new system since I installed it. I am waiting for the new bed too come and to get the new PSU set up.

With that being said, when it is turned on at full power, it pulls in enough air to hold a piece of paper against the inlet vents.

3 Likes